Earlier, we reviewed four of the six reasonable categories (Click here to read Part 1) one can fall in concerning their belief about the election of infants. Many folks have argued whether babies go to Heaven for centuries. For the sake of ease of writing, I will use the term “infants” to describe those “who are incapable of being outwardly called by the ministry of the Word.” (1689 LBCF 10.3)1
Here are the positions one can take.
- We know that ALL infants go to Hell when they die.
- We know that some infants go to Hell when they die, but some may go to Heaven.
- We don’t know where infants go when they die, and we can’t even guess. The Bible doesn’t say so we should be silent.
- We don’t know whether all infants go to Hell or Heaven, but we accept both are possible.
- We know that some infants go to Heaven when they die, but some may go to Hell.
- We know that ALL infants go to Heaven when they die.
In this post, we review the two remaining options which have not been discussed and draw some conclusions.
Click here to read the rest of the series on The Domain for Truth.